Thursday, August 3, 2017

A view of the Waveworks Laboratory...and the EE behind it!

I know, I know...it's not much of a laboratory. However, I am not much of an electrical engineer...not yet! This is according to my own personal standards...Me-maw (grandmother) thinks I'm a genius...

This lab includes the basics: breadboards, wires, an array of passive and active components, logic gates, a dirt cheap multimeter (looking to upgrade soon), a Siglent SDS 1052DL+ Digital Oscilloscope, a Tekpower TP3005T DC Regulated Power Supply, and any cool scraps or gadgets I find lying around. Of course, there is also a laptop that currently holds way too many Falstad circuit simulator tabs. By the way, the Falstad simulator is free and provides a great visual in what's actually happening with the circuit. I highly recommend you try it out here:

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/circuitjs.html

So this cues the start of my electrical engineering adventure with the Waveworks Laboratory! My name is Kaylon A. Wheeler, and I am a senior electrical engineering student based in Houston, TX, a city that comes to mind when you have a problem. Houston is home to the NASA Johnson Space Center where I interned for three full-time tours! If you're interested in my NASA story, here is a link:

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/education/interns/kaylon_wheeler
(Disclaimer: My third tour was in Spring of 2017 and wasn't included in the article)

In addition, I challenge you to discover the stories of other NASA interns here:

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/education/interns/meet-our-interns-past-and-present/index.html

Now THOSE stories will surely impress you! Plus, if you are interested in pursuing such an incredible opportunity for yourself, here is yet ANOTHER LINK to get you on the right path:

https://intern.nasa.gov/

Best of luck to you if you decide to give it a go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Waveworks Laboratory...is BACK!

That's right! It's back! I'm back! I really hope I didn't keep my nearly zero followers waiting too long! How long has it be...